Sunday, January 3, 2016

Far to long since my last post

It has been over a year since my last blog post; shame on me. I have been on and off the air while updating my ham shack, getting a better HF antenna up, and, in general, spending time with my family.

My ham shack setup doesn't include any new radios but the desk is now setup. The antenna pass through panel has also been sealed in the window so i can have multiple antennas without losing all of the heat in the shack.

Speaking of antennas I have taken down my non-resonant HF vertical and put up an 80 meter dipole fed with 450 ohm ladder line. This antenna is a great improvement even though it isn't very high off the ground.

This year I'm looking forward to chasing (and maybe even activating) the National Parks on the Air (#NPOTA) event stations. With the first weekend of #NPOTA in the books I was only able to get 3 NPS Units logged but it was fun none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment